Let's talk about tights!


I really want to talk about tights. I find them disgusting and creepy. No kidding or jokes here. This as well as the short tight-type socks disgust me as much as black men's socks especially if they are long and go over the ankle. 

I have this urge in me to go to my girly roots and start wearing more dresses and skirts, but when I think about it, I can not exclude wearing tights from this life changing decision. And tights always slip down and bring the crotch down to the knees. They are uncomfortable to me in general! Yes, I have tried getting a size and even two larger, but then on the legs they stay like an excessive skin that you can stretch out and the waist walks up and down as well. So what to do?! 

I googled yesterday (oh, mother google) how to make tights stay in place? Answers mostly told to try different sizes, different brands and go only for the expensive ones, but even then some women complained they do not work. And  THEN I stumbled upon this huge revolutionary suggestion - wear the PTP

I must admit, it is something completely new to me and I never thought of it previously and never had an idea that women actually do this except balley dancers. What is PTP? It is panties - tights - panties scheme. Basically, you wear your underpants, put on those tights and then wear another pair over them to make them stay in place. I would think twice before doing that in really hot weather, but DID YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS? 

Why has this never been told to me? Like generation to generation info? Family heirloom. Precious information that you find out from your grandma....

The idea is a little bit ridiculous when you first think about it. What if the skirt goes up? Marilyn moment? What if people accidentally see? But then I thought, hey, pair the underpants with a matching color of the skirt/dress and you will always look fabulous! No one is making anyone wear grandma panties over, go for nice fitting short type underwear and problem solved. 

I felt like I needed to share this information. I never in my 19 years of being a female heard about this idea. Whilst I still prefer wearing thigh high socks and think that garter belts with stockings always look freakishly amazing, classy and sexy at the same time, that is still a very touchy subject, especially in this country I feel, I still have yet to try this thing out. 

I hope I helped someone out as much as someone helped me yesterday! Leave a comment so I can know if this is a popular method that women use or any other suggestions on how to make that stretchy leg cloth stay in place!



2 comments

StickersandSkirts said...

I've never heard of that but that's pretty smart! I always wear black spandex shorts under my dresses (even when I'm not wearing tights) so I can move freely without worrying about flashing someone. So I wear my spandex over my tights in the winter as well so my tights don't fall down!

E.E. Foxx said...

Spandex is a good investment if someone is planning to wear tight really often! Thanks for leaving the suggestion. :)